Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sunday Smiths Nite at Sway Party

The Party: Smiths / Morrissey Dance Night
Location: Sway (in the West Village)
Total Party Count: 38

I just realized my friend Keren is my party coach, because she pushes me to party when I think I just can't take it anymore. As I was secretly contemplating not partying-a-day and wondering if anyone would notice, a text from Keren pops up, "where's the party a day at!"

Well with Morrissey almost dying this week, it seemed like a good a time as any to finally hit up the weekly Sunday Smiths/Morrissey Night at Sway! We were joined by the geniuses behind Stuff Hipsters Hate, although I couldn't hear a word they were saying. Here are some things I learned:

1) This party is kind of a big deal, and NYC is the city that never sleeps (i just made up that line!). People were waiting behind a velvet rope at 2am on a sunday night-- What a world!

2) Its not actually 100% Smiths songs, maybe 10%, but the other 90% reminded me of my i-just-graduated-college-and-have-nothing-to-do-but-dance-to-the-rapture days (in a good way), plus they played peggys band!

3) My usually perfect gaydar is rendered useless at Smiths Night. If a gey is singing along to "warm leatherette" while grinding his crotch into me, is he still a gey??

4) Go here if you want to hook up ( i didn't! but you could! maybe thats why this party is so popular??? )

And remember to please use protection-- especially with this crowd!
Share This: Facebook Digg Delicious Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment